Job Title: Senior Auditor/Accountant
Full Time: Yes
Benefits Available: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, 401k plan and other retirement plans including profit sharing.
CPA License Requirement: Yes (or in process)
Experience: 5+ yrs Public Accounting/Audit medium to large firm preferred
Start Date: Immediately
Senior Auditor/Accountant with at least six years of experience in audit, review, and compilation engagements in various industries. The candidate should be experienced in planning, performing and reviewing audit and review engagements and supervising associate /junior accountants on engagements. She/he will work under the general direction of the audit managers or partners.
The Candidate should be able to perform his/her responsibilities independently with minimal to moderate supervision and work on multiple engagements simultaneously. The candidate should have experience in detail review of work papers and supervising junior staff on engagements.
The Candidate should have good knowledge and understanding of US GAAP, US GAAS and Standards for Accounting and Review Services (SSARS).
He/she should also have experience in resolving accounting and audit issues and questions through analysis and research.
The candidate should be motivated, enthusiastic, have strong communication skills, and strong organization skills.
- Supervise, plan, and perform audit, review and compilation engagements from planning to completion with minimal to moderate supervision.
- Perform substantive audit, internal controls, and review procedures including analysis of financial statements and other financial data
- Evaluate internal controls and recommend improvements to clients.
- Assign work to junior and associate staff and detail review of junior and associate staff work papers.
- Ascertain engagement binders are complete and properly organized.
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures.
- Draft memorandums to clients and for internal purposes.
- Communicate effectively, and in a timely manner, with clients, partners, managers, and staff. Provide feedback and keep all persons up to date on the status of the engagement.
- Research accounting and audit issues/questions and effectively document and communicate results.
Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Prosystem FX Engagement Binder; MS Word.
Travel up to 25% of work time
The candidate must have a current driver’s license and be able to drive to client locations if necessary (candidate does not have to own a car).
Interested in this job? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.