Senior Client Advisory Services Accountant
Our Firm is a boutique Certified Public Accounting Firm specializing in accounting, tax, audit, bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our clients are based both within the U.S. and abroad and come from a variety of industries. We serve individual businesses and clients of all sizes.
We believe in the value of relationships and believe that in order for our Firm to succeed, our team members must also succeed. We provide our team members with the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment. We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package and work with our team members to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
As a supervisory member of CAS, you will operate in a team setting and help to cultivate and drive personal and team successes through mentorship, training, upward mobility, and leadership. You’ll collaborate with our cross-functional partners in the Firm, forging relationships with the Tax and AA departments in order to deliver best-in-class services to our clients in all industries.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports and maintenance of general ledger which includes assistance in calculations, posting journal entries, verification of financial data, etc.
- Routinely review and analyze financial reports.
- Routinely review compliance filings such as sales tax, payroll tax, etc.
- Provide day-to-day direction, mentorship, and functional guidance to junior staff.
- Perform research and formulate responses to clients.
- Provide QuickBooks support to staff and clientele.
- Participate in the development of new concepts that will help automate workflow to achieve efficiency and scalability.
- Maintain the integrity of accounting records by ensuring staff complies with organization accounting policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and oversees all open items related to month-end/quarter-end/annual close, ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
- Ensure job execution, documentation, consultation, and completion in accordance with required policies and procedures.
- Delegation of assignments to staff and workflow scheduling and monitoring.
- Must have at least 7 years of experience in a supervisory role in either the Public or Private sectors.
- Must have at least 4 years of direct supervising, mentoring, and training of staff accountants.
- Must possess strong basic accounting fundamentals, be detail oriented, and knowledgeable of various accounting software programs.
- Must have a strong comprehension of accounting concepts for a variety of business types, including revenue and expense recognition, and maintenance of balance sheet including supplementary schedules and reconciliations.
- Strong communication skills for daily interaction with partners, managers, staff, and clients.
- Daily tasks will vary and candidate must be able to transition regularly among client accounts and daily tasks.
- Experience in maintaining financial statements for a variety of clientele.
- Must have reported to partner, senior manager, or business owner.
Education and Computer Skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- QuickBooks Desktop
- QuickBooks Online
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Seasonal Work Schedule:
- Regular Season Hours: LHF is normally open for business from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The regular workday is defined as 9 hours with one hour provided for lunch daily. Flexibility within one hour of the regular workday is permitted, ex: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Busy Season Hours: During busy season, (beginning mid-January through mid-April) the Firm operates under an extended workweek of Monday-Saturday. A busy season schedule is provided in December of each year, with a schedule of additional weekly hours. Staff is expected to work from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. on each Saturday during busy season. Flexibility within one hour of the regular workday is permitted, as it is outside of busy season. All staff should working during the base period hours of 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Summer Hours: The Firm operates under a reduced work schedule, “summer hours”, on Friday’s between Memorial Day and Labor Day each year. During summer hours the office will open at 9:00 and close at 3:00pm, which equates to a six (6) hour workday, with one hour provided for lunch. Employees are not expected to make up the hours lost through the early closing on the designated Fridays, however we do expect all work to be completed in support of our business objectives.
LH Friskoff Offerings
- Competitive Industry Salary
- Hybrid Work Schedule (3 in office / 2 WFH)
- Flexible Start Time (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- Summer Friday Hours (Memorial Day through Labor Day): 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (1 hour lunch)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commuter, and Ancillary Benefits
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan with Match
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Salary: $95K – $115 (compensatory pay is provided for any hours worked over 40)
Interested in this job? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE to download a pdf of this position.