Our Firm is a boutique Certified Public Accounting Firm specializing in accounting, tax, audit, bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our clients are based both within the U.S. and abroad and come from a variety of industries. We serve individual businesses and clients of all sizes.
We believe in the value of relationships and believe that in order for our Firm to succeed, our team members must also succeed. We provide our team members with the opportunity to grow in a supportive environment. We provide a competitive compensation and benefit package and work with our team members to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
As a member of Tax, you will operate in a team setting and collaborate with our cross-functional partners in the Firm, forging relationships with the CAS and AA departments in order to deliver best-in-class services to our clients in all industries.
- Preparation of Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, Individual, Estate, and Non-Profit tax returns.
- Detailed review of work product and application of tax law.
- Preparation and review of tax projections and participation in other tax planning objectives including tax research.
- Participation in tax examinations for individual and business clients.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in individual, Trusts, Partnership, and Corporate Income Tax Returns
- Experience with Estate, International, and Non Profit is a plus.
- Manage accounts by taking ownership and being proactive relating to planning, filing due dates, and changes to tax laws.
- Must possess strong accounting fundamentals, be detail oriented, and knowledgeable of various accounting software programs.
- Must have a strong comprehension of accounting concepts for a variety of business types
- Strong communication skills for daily interaction with partners, managers, staff, and clients.
- Strong writing skills, including writing tax research memorandums and client letters.
- Daily tasks will vary and candidate must be able to transition regularly among client accounts and daily tasks.
Education and Computer Skills
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field
- Experience with Prosystem FX, BNA Tax Planner, CCH Tax Research Manager, QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Seasonal Work Schedule:
- Regular Season Hours: LHF is normally open for business from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The regular workday is defined as 9 hours with one hour provided for lunch daily. Flexibility within one hour of the regular workday is permitted, ex: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.. Employees should speak with their Manager prior to adjusting their schedule.
- Busy Season Hours: During busy season, (beginning mid-January through mid-April) the Firm operates under an extended workweek of Monday-Saturday. A busy season schedule is provided in December of each year, with the schedule of additional weekly hours. Flexibility within one hour of the regular workday is permitted, as it is outside of tax season. Staff is expected to work from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. on each Saturday during tax season.
- Summer Hours: The Firm operates under a reduced work schedule, “summer hours”, on Friday’s between Memorial Day and Labor Day each year. During summer hours the office will open at 9:00 and close at 3:00pm, which equates to a six (6) hour workday, with one hour provided for lunch. Employees are not expected to make up the hours lost through the early closing on the designated Fridays, however we do expect all work to be completed in support of our business objectives.
LH Friskoff Offerings
- Competitive Industry Salary
- Hybrid Work Schedule (3 in-office / 2 WFH)
- Flexible Start Time (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Commuter, and Ancillary Benefits
- 401K Profit Sharing Plan with Match
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
Salary: $70K – $85K (compensatory pay is provided for any hours worked over 40)
Interested in this job? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE to download a pdf of this position.